***DRIVER LICENSE SERVICE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED AT OUR OFFICE BECAUSE OF COVID-19***
Executive Order 15 signed by Governor Bill Lee extends license six months if the expiration date is between March 12, 2020 and May 19, 2020.
- Starting March 20,2020, the Department is waiving its requirement that citizens appear in person and have a new photograph taken through October 1, 2021. This will allow many customers with expiring credentials to renew online and not visit in person.
- All Driver Licenses, Learner Permits, Commercial Driver Licenses, Photo Identification Licenses (ID), and Handgun Carry Permits that would expire between March 12, 2020, and May 19, 2020, will be extended for six months from the original expiration date. The Department will issue a letter of extension to the individuals affected. Affected individuals will be required to keep the letter with them during the extension period.
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security has changed the scope of services offered at ALL County Clerk Drivers License Express Service Centers. Due to this change we will only be allowed to process the following types of drivers license transactions:
1. Renewal or Duplicates of Tennessee driver licenses class “D” & class “DM”
2. Renewal or Duplicates of Tennessee photo “ID”
3. Downgrade a Class D Tennessee driver license to a photo “ID”
4. Downgrade a Tennessee Commercial License to a class “D”
5. Duplicate a Tennessee Learners Permit
6. Duplicate or change of address only for a Tennessee Commercial driver license
7. Registering people to vote as allowed under the motor voter law
REAL ID is now Available!!!!
For more information on REAL ID and documentation needed please visit TNREALID.gov
We cannot renew a Commercial Driver License
THE CLERK’S OFFICE IS UNABLE TO GIVE WRITTEN OR PHYSICAL DRIVER TESTS. THESE ARE ADMINISTERED BY THE STATE.
*Duplicate transactions are used for more than just replacing a lost or stolen license. We can do a last name, address change or adding the REAL ID by doing this type of transaction.*
NOTE: WE CAN ONLY CHANGE A LAST NAME AND THAT MUST BE SUPPORTED BY A LEGAL DOCUMENT SUCH AS A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR DIVORCE DECREE. FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES MUST BE CHANGED AT A STATE DRIVER LICENSE CENTER
REMEMBER: NO PHOTOCOPIES, FAXES, OR CARBON COPIES OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED.
If you would like to renew your Tennessee License online click here.
Click Here for more details about drivers license.